Wednesday, August 31

Library Goin' Mobile

The Library has implemented a mobile version of its web page. Not all parts of the Library's page are mobile-friendly, just a few. How can this be useful here? One case is when people are waiting for an item to be returned so they can get it, they can check DELCAT on their Smart phones and see if it is back. I tested it out and found I could easily get to the mobile DELCAT search link. However, once entering search terms, the results list goes to regular DELCAT, which will require much zooming in to see (unless you have exceptionally great vision!). The Student Multimedia Design Center website does not have a mobile version at this time but is still accessible (with much zooming).

2 comments:

  1. Actually, our website does have a mobile version and it should come up automatically on your phone when you go to our site...Hmm...we'll have to see what is up with that! We actually had our mobile site up and running before the Library's. Here's the URL in case you want to bookmark it (and the automatic thing doesn't work): http://www.lib.udel.edu/multimedia/mobile/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot we had one. I tested it again on my phone and when I googled "Student Multimedia Design Center" and went in through that result, I got our mobile page. But if I went through the Library's mobile page, the only option (that I found) to see Services including us was to go to the full version, which clicking on our link goes to the regular page.

    ReplyDelete