Monday, August 20

Zeega: New Multimedia Tool



Zeega is an online platform for combining images, sound, video, and text into a HTML5-compatible, interactive experience. Their mission with the project is "To help tell rich multimedia stories by improving a toolkit that allows people to collaboratively produce, curate and publish multimedia projects."  I could definitely see classes using this platform in the future.  (It makes citing your sources mandatory!)
Although it is very new, there is already an online journal of stories made in Zeega. This one about Revere Beach in Boston is particularly well-done (warning: works best in Chrome browser).
In the future, I think it will be free for everyone to use, but right now it is in beta and is invite-only.  I asked for an invite one year ago, and just got one this afternoon.  So if any one wants to try it out, let me know, and I can sign you in.
-Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment