Tuesday, September 6

I found a few neat apps for the SMDC to consider for macs

These are both interesting applications I found over the summer.


This is a great open source Power PC emulator that we could use for backwards compatibility, if someone brings in a file of some sort. Personally, I've used it for oregon trail, Age of Empires 1, Starcraft Broodwar's Map Editor, and a couple of other ancient games.
http://sheepshaver.cebix.net/
Chubby Bunny is a pre-configured OS9 version that I can't seem to find online, but I have set up presently on my macbook pro.

http://www.volitans-software.com/smart_utility.php
We could use this to check on our hard drives; it's pretty straightforward, and I think it would be a decent addition to the SMDC.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14067/soundflower
This was a way for me to record sound on my laptop; I already had a screen monitor, but this makes a perfect MP3 (or whatever type of sound file you want) out of every noise that your computer makes.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I should clarify: This was Joel's post. No idea why this did not include my name/gave an "unknown ID" list.

    Edit: it's done it again with this comment. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel,
    Thanks for sharing. I was wondering if you could give more info. about Soundflower. Can you give an example as to how this would be useful? What does it do that couldn't be done with Audacity, for instance? I think you said it works with streaming audio (like Youtube)?
    Thanks,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete