Monday, September 26

Sometimes Newer Isn't Always Better

Growing up, my Windows ME running desktop computer (old fashion stuff nowadays) was the only means of connection to the information highway. I would rush home, check out the game websites, read a few emails, but ultimately I was excited to join my other friends in AOL Instant Messaging. It was the greatest thing since sliced bread to me at the time and I'd spend more time there than I did in my own bed (haha). My only problem was my little brother was the typical little brother who wanted to do everything I did and would eventually delete AIM from my computer. I spent 3 weeks without the program because their updated version was not compatible with my computer's operating system. I even resorted to PLAYING OUTSIDE (dun dun DUN!). That was until I discovered OldVersion.com. This website was full of old programs that I had dubbed dead and gone due to the operating system I was working with. To this day I still use Old Version and recommend it to anyone looking for any old major program for the following catergories:
  • File Sharing
  • Communication (AOL Instant Messaging, yahoo Messenger, etc)
  • Graphics (Paint Shop Pro, Image Converters, etc)
  • Multimedia (Windows Media Player, QuickTime, RealPlayer, etc)
  • Internet (Mozilla Firefox, Safari, IE, etc)
  • Office (Acrobat Reader, etc)
  • Security (Norton Antivirus, Spybot, etc)
  • Drivers
  • Networking
  • Development
P.s I also have found that Download.com can also come in handy when looking for programs via the internet...hope this works for you as much as it has for me

1 comment: