Thursday, April 12

Weebly: Web-Based Site Design and CMS

If you haven't heard of Weebly, I urge you to not dismiss it on the premise of its drag-and-drop functionality (like I did at first). It's a surprisingly capable all-in-one solution for site design, content management, and hosting. Free to use and free of ads, Weebly is an excellent choice for students needing to create websites for portfolios or class projects. Though it offers hundreds of decent templates, Weebly stands out for its ability to let the user hand-code new elements into the page and edit the html and css for just about every pre-existing component. These features blessedly allow users to break out of what could be frustratingly-static templates. Maybe it's a little bit of prideful stubbornness on my part, but I usually have an aversion to drag-and-drop editors. To my surprise, Weebly has been a very useful tool for both organized, quick web design and richer customization than I had first assumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment