Thursday, February 27

Dry Erase Markers

Nick Rogers and I made a bet this week that the third question we encountered on the desk during our shift is the topic I have to write about for my blog entry.  Looks like we're all learning about dry erase markers this time.  Also, I'm shamelessly ripping off his format.



We're not going into the origin story of dry erase markers, though undoubtedly we'd all be riveted.

Like this, only with more wonderment, smudges, and physics drawn on dorm lounge windows.

There's an actual relevant question here, that being, are the dry erase markers in the study rooms our responsibility?  My first instinct is no, gross, more responsibility.  My second is, yeah, maybe.  My third is that I should ask a staff member.  Turns out my third was correct.


I couldn't find any pictures of the staff, so just imagine this is them.  They love what you're doing, keep up the good work.
 
A patron came up asking for a replacement marker for the whiteboards in the study rooms.  His, tragically, had come to the end of their squeaking but robust existence.  Mike gave him a replacement, though we weren't 100 percent on the protocol for the situation.

Diana told me later we do replace them and the extra markers are in the drawer under the cash register and in the cabinet in the back, on the second shelf from the top.  There's like thirty boxes in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment