Thursday, February 23

Create Custom Fonts with Inkscape

If you're like me, there's been a time when a custom font would have been just the ticket for a design project. Font-creation software usually costs a pretty penny. But what if there were a familiarly free piece of vector-software that could do the job?

Being an Inkscape-dabbler for a couple of years now, I had yet to come across this neat feature tucked away until I found this video tutorial by the blogger of Clever Someday. Using only Inkscape and a free font converter, you can now create your own typeface. As much as I appreciate the classic, literary flavor of Times New Roman, Georgia, and other serif-fonts, maybe it's time I try my hand at making my own. This is my type of fun!

1 comment:

  1. The video tutorial seems a model of good instructional techniques.

    ReplyDelete