Friday, April 5

Transitions in iMovie

I recently had to do a project over spring break for a family member, a memorial video for a funeral. For this project, they wanted me to scan 300 pictures and play them to five songs, slideshow style. Now I know these seems like an easy job, but of course Murphey's law, everything that could go wrong did for me. One of the biggest problems that I had, turned out to be the easiest one to fix and I wanted to share it with all of you in case you have a project like this because they have become commonplace at funerals, weddings, graduations and the such. My problem is that I couldn't find a way to add transitions to all of the pictures at once. As you can imagine, adding individual fades in between 300 pictures would have taken an innumerable amount of time that I didn't have, so I did a nifty google search and this is what I came across. This website shows how to set the video to add transitions to all current clips and to automatically add them to any clip that you add in the future. And the best part? It's possible to later turn this feature off without losing any of the transitions that it automatically added for you. This was a big time saver on my project and even though it is a simple solution, I thought it was hidden in a weird spot which is why I wanted to share this information with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment