Monday, November 25

OS X Mavericks

Hey everyone, I don't know if you have all heard, but about a month ago, Apple released the newest operating system for their laptop and desktop hardware called Mavericks. The new update brings a host of changes like being able to have finder tabs, new apps, more efficient processing, and a ton of updates to older apps. I downloaded it myself without much of a problem, though there were some massive changes to programs I use often such as iMovie and Sibelius 7.

It is important to note large update changes before downloading by checking the official site, in addition to forums where other users make commentary on the new updates. This will give you an idea of what pros and cons to expect, and whether or not it is worth waiting for the next patch of the update before you download. When I opened iMovie I was prompted to convert my old video projects to fit the new project format. Unfortunately it seemed that there were errors in carrying over components of my video, that left disjointed in a bit of an array.

The new patch this week fixed it, but it would have been nice to avoid the trouble in the first place. So for you Mac users among us, I highly suggest getting familiar with the new Mavericks update, so that when you have problems, or users have problems that they want us to troubleshoot, we can help at a much more effective rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment