Tuesday, November 12

Readyyyyyyy, Seeeeet, Print!

Just a few moments ago I had a library patron ask me if the computers in the studios were able to be sent to the Print Release Station. Not knowing the answer, I asked two of my fellow coworkers who were also stumped by this question. It was then that I went on a self-declared mission to find out the answer. Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnn!

Immediately I set out on a quest to an empty studio to send a "This is a Test" document to the Print Release State and it turns out that you can send a document from the studios. However, when you go to select the document at the Print Release Station, instead of the computer name reading as CNTR#, it will read as lib.#.lib.us.udel.edu

Happy Printing!

2 comments:

  1. Cassy, do we know what they were printing?Unless the user is printing out a copy of the digital painting that he/she has created in Studio 5, I'm not sure why users would need to print from the studios... Since use of studios is for practicing presentations or creating/editing audio and video (multimedia), we've never worried about helping someone print in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shelly, that's a good point to bring up. Though I don't know what she was printing, she was working on a presentation. She and other students were using one of the studios reserved by a teacher. Maybe she had to print something really quick?

    ReplyDelete