Thursday, November 6

Easy to Understand Manual for the Alesis Multimix 8 USB (that thing we plug everything into in studio 6)

    A little while ago I was working at the desk when a couple of people came in armed with a bass, amp, and reservation for Studio 6. They'd never used the equipment we have in there and were a little lost on where to plug their bass in. I'm not going to lie, I was too (Studio 6 confuses me, there, it's out, I feel the weight lifting off of my shoulders...), until I brought up everyone's favorite information companion, Google, and typed in the name of our mixer. That's when I found this, a really easy to understand beginners manual that details everything from what should plug into where, what button does which, and even some handy troubleshooting tips (chapter 5). There are even pictures! Gotta love those pictures.
    Anywho, if you're ever in any need of a reference for our fancy Studio 6, try out this manual. I've taken the liberty of detailing a few of the more pertinent sections below, but don't take my list as the all inclusive, that's all it has, deal. It's just a handy little cheat sheet, not the full blown table of contents (pg 1-2).

Sections of possible interest:

    Pg 5: A nice how to on using the manual, if you have a question that my list doesn't answer, go here. It gives a nice little blurb about what each of its sections entail.

    Pg 7: A picture that shows you what can hook into where. This is handy if someone brings in their own instrument, though most of what you can hook up has already been done for us (like the tape deck).

    Pg 9-10: If you need a super in depth explanation of what each input/output is, go here.

    Pg 11-13: Ever wonder what those knobs and buttons on our cheat sheets do? Explanation right here.

    Pg 21-23: Possibly the most potentially helpful section in this entire manual, the troubleshooting guide.

    Pg 29-30: Terminology got you down? These pages give a nice little rundown for all the potentially head scratching words dispersed throughout the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment