Friday, November 30

Sony HRX Camera 60p Work Around!

Hey Everyone!
So this is some helpful information that I wish I had a couple weeks ago!


So I accidentally set our new Sony HRX (the new advanced camera kit) to 60p, or 60 Frames per second, and I was very frustrated to find when I was trying to import the footage, NONE of the programs you typically use were recognizing the audio.  The video would be laggy and a bit jumpy, but there would be no sound whatsoever. Once I double checked that my videos and audio were fine on the camera I knew it was a problem with the software I was using.

After Diana and I worked through and tested every video-editing software we have available to us.  We finally came down to Final Cut X.
Thankfully, it was able to read the extremely high definition sound that the Sony HRX uses to capture sound at 60p. After using Final Cut X to import the video, it converted everything into a workable .mov file so I could then transfer all my footage into Premiere or Final Cut 7 to start my editing process!



So this is for anyone that is interested in using the Sony HXR, or if you ever hear someone come up and say they can’t get the audio to import with their videos.  Here is your workaround!

Step 1) Locate Camera and a computer with Final Cut X

Step 2) Import all footage you need through Final Cut X and add it to an event.

Step 3) Locate that Event in the computer files. (Should be something like Final Cut Pro Events)

Step 4) Inside the “Final Cut Pro Events” folder there should be an “Original Media” (This folder will contain converted clips of the footage you just imported

Step 5) Copy the converted clips you need to whatever External Harddrive you’re using and enjoy editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment