Thursday, March 27

Cleaning Our Equipment?

Hello Everyone,

The other day a student came in asking for a pair of headphones. I thought, hey no biggie, nothing I haven't done before. After I had finished checking the headphones out, she asked me a question I legitimately did not have an answer for. "Do you guys clean these after someone brings them back?"


My gut wanted to say yes, but to my knowledge, the only equipment that we clean regularly are the computers throughout the center and the laptops that we frequently checkout to patrons. I'm still relatively new to the center, so I don't know if there is a point where we do spring cleaning of all of our available equipment. I know I would feel more comfortable checking out equipment from the center if I had a guarantee that nothing from the last user would accidentally be transferred over to me. Can anyone shed some light on this situation? Do you think we should be cleaning all of the equipment more often? Or is there something I just don't know of?

Thanks,

Stephen McLaren

1 comment:

  1. The computers are cleaned on a regular basis, but not the headphones.

    ReplyDelete