Tuesday, March 11

Setting up Sparklines in Excel


Today someone asked me how to insert sparklines into their excel document for a MISY class so I thought I’d briefly share how I did it in case this other students come in with the same question. Sparklines are essentially like little line graphs that allow the user to spot trends in a bunch of data all at once. To insert a sparkline, select the empty cell where you want to place the line. Click Insert > Sparkline

You will come a pop-up window that looks like this:



In the first box, select the data that you want the sparkline to calculate and include. I suggest clicking on your first cell and dragging the mouse down to the last cell in order to select the full range of data all at once.

In the second box, select WHERE you want the sparklines to appear. Again, I suggest clicking on the first empty cell next to the data and dragging your mouse down to the last empty cell to select the full range.

Since this question was new to me as well, this is a helpful website that I used to guide myself through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment