Thursday, March 27

Thunderbolts and Adapters

The other day a user came to the desk asking for a VGA adapter but informed me that certain ones that look like they fit in her computer don't work.  She said when she comes to the desk we give her a specific adapter that works with her computer.  I was confused as to what she was talking about because we only have two types of VGA adapters and the old one clearly didnt fit in her computer.  I then noticed that the VGA adapter I was trying to loan her had a sign on it saying that it will only work with thunderbolt port.  I had never noticed this before and realized this was the reason the other VGA adapters didn't work with her computer. 

I thought I would share this because I'm sure other student assistants were not aware of this issue that could occur with certain Mac laptops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment