Monday, February 25

Is Iphone Photography really Photography?

So it's been a debate between my friends and I for about a week now, Is iPhone photography really photography? With so many new phones out there, it is no longer necessary to carry around huge cameras such as my D5000. People are now utilizing there small little iPhone in ways that have put professional photographers ill-at-ease. Why is this little phone such a scary thing? Simply because with everyone wandering around with a high-quality camera at there side, someone is bound to run into a great scene and inevitably take a great shot. This creates competition for the professionals, leading them to pose the question, is what the iPhone doing really high-quality photography??? I will leave out my opinion but if anyone would like to offer their own argument that would be awesome!

To get your thinking juices flowing, check out this site which i found that embodies the idea of the iPhone photographer!

http://www.iphoneography.com/


Regards,
Taylor Patterson

1 comment:

  1. From the point of view of a non-photographer I'm very up and down about this topic. I like the idea that any average Joe is able to compete in the world of photography but I'm still very hesitant. Like you said, with people able to take shots constantly on their phone they may stumble upon a great picture, but this would be purely accidental. In my opinion, anyone that is truly serious about the photography profession is still going to choose to use better equipment than a cell phone. So to sum it up do I think this current phenomena poses a threat? Yes. Do I think that the threat is a strong one? No.

    ReplyDelete