Tuesday, February 12

Sony RX1 compact camera with DSLR features

Sony's new RX1 has many features of a DSLR in a compact camera. The big advantage is not having to lug around bulky camera. Here's a first-person account of one photographer's experience, one quote -- "After seven days of using the camera in and around Yokohama, I can unequivocally state that I don’t miss the bulky, heavy load of a DSLR. In terms of design, compactness, and capability, Sony has a winner on its hands." Here's another review of it. The disadvantage now is the $2,800 purchase price...well a dsiadvantage for most of us...! I'd suggest getting one now to add to our equipment but...somehow don't think it's in our budget. I must say while I love my little handheld Canon camera, I do miss DSLR features like being able to rapidly shoot photos. Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment