Thursday, September 13

Basic Shapes and Gradients Tutorial for Illustrator

Interested in learning some basics in Adobe Illustrator?

Chris Spooner consistently offers clear, creative, and helpful tutorials. I completed this "Ribbon Style Logo" today and picked up some new methods that are already improving my workflow and confidence with basic shapes, gradients and color management.

After fall wraps up, I will have one more semester to take advantage of the classes that offer instruction on Adobe CS. However, as an English major and Interactive Media minor, I've unfortunately taken about all the relevant classes I can without declaring the VC major (not a good idea considering that I'll be graduating in the spring!).

That being said, it looks like I'll have to make do with tutorials. I always resisted tutorials in the past, but the time has come to humble myself and get to work. Maybe I can dedicate myself to finishing one every Thursday? Try to hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment