Wednesday, October 9

My Fax Free instead of Fax Zero?

Often we have students and staff come to the Center to fax. As we all know, instead of a machine, we show them how to scan then attach to a fax service website. Since the beginning of the semester, I've been sending students to My Fax rather than Fax Zero. Early in September, there was some sort of security or privacy issue and Fax Zero didn't work on our computers. Yesterday when two students came in to fax, I thought I might as well try Fax Zero again, but the same issue arose. My Fax (and then specifically My Fax Free) is essentially the same thing and works fine. I am not sure why Fax Zero doesn't work, but for now, I would recommend sending patrons to My Fax after they have scanned their attachments. The site is under General Links on our blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment