Tuesday, October 1

QuickTime Player for Screen Recording?

Today I found out something I have been wondering for the longest time! When ever I need to learn how to do something on a software I have never done it on, I always revert to YouTube. Most of the tutorials I watch always have the screen recording the actions they are doing on the computer. I knew that a software made this possible for these "tech gurus" to record this way, however I never took the time to see what it was exactly. QuickTime Player is a familiar video maker/ player, but it is also a free and easy-to-use way to screen record anything. I find it particularly useful for tutorials and projects. It is available for Mac and PC. Did I mention it's FREE?! As opposed to ScreenFlow or Camtasia which must be purchased or used in Studios 1-4. Granted, ScreenFlow and Camtasia may have more options and come in handy for more complex recordings, QuickTime Player's screen recording is great for adding quick clips to enhance a tutorial or project. Simply open QuickTime Player, press file, screen record, play, and you're in business. Press the stop button in the upper right hand corner when you're through. It couldn't get any easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment