Wednesday, October 30

Work Saved in Studios

Hey guys!

While working this week, I was closing up the studios (after 11) and a patron came up to me while I was in Studio 2. She asked if I had restarted the computers in Studio 1, which I had. When I told her this, she was visibly upset and stormed off with a "Great.... Thanks a lot." When I walked back to the desk, Cassy informed me that the patron had not retrieved the original project she was working on and was hoping to get it.

I feel bad for the patron, no one ever wants to lose the work they spent hours on. However, it is our policy that we restart the computers every night and in between reservations patrons are supposed to be restarting anyways. So next time a student comes up to make a reservation, remind them that our computers clear memory on restart, so they should always save what they worked on onto a flash drive or email it to themselves. If they have a project that is too large for a flash drive, let them know that they can rent out one of our hard drives as well. This will help the patrons stay happy and help the student workers from being blamed and being left confused as to what had just happened.

Marshilla

No comments:

Post a Comment