Saturday, April 26

Keylight AE Add On



Hi All-
Today, I thought I’d talk about a very powerful keying tool that I’ve used a few times in the past: Keylight. I’ve used this many times in Adobe After Effects, mainly because it is the most versatile chroma keying add on that I’ve been able to find: whereas the normal keying functions are a camera in “automatic shoot” mode, Keylight is one in “manual mode.”
(Example of Chroma Keying : http://www.kudlian.net)
Because there are an incredible amount of variation in your photographic/video conditions, having a tool with which you can play around with a large amount of variables allows you to get the “perfect fit.” This add-on would be especially useful for those students renting the greenscreen- sometimes you will get artifacts around the edge of the subject (like the above picture) and putting some time into Keylight can mitigate some of the problems.
Best,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment