Tuesday, April 15

Wet Equipment



Today a student returned a wet camera to the center!  
I remember about a month ago when I was working on a different rainy day, I also checked in a wet laptop from a student.  Luckily both the camera and the laptop were still able to turn on and function properly, but next time we may not be so lucky.  I think it would be a good idea to remind patrons that they can get waterproof bags for free upstairs at circulation on their way out when the weather is bad to protect the equipment that we are renting out to them.  Also remind them that it is in their best interest to do so, because if the equipment does come back water damaged they could be held responsible.  I personally did not know about these bags and I doubt that other student’s would know either.

With that being said if you do think a piece of equipment being returned is damaged, obviously it is best to call a supervisor over to inspect the item and decide what to do from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment